Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Peretti Interview

Okay, indeed I did get to chat with Frank Peretti yesterday for over an hour. I think we've got some great stuff. I did get to ask some of your questions. And cleared up the rejection story of This Present Darkness. I got a taste of Frank's talent as he sometimes went into character for me.

This guy is great. I loved his work before. I like him as a person now.

Right after talking to Frank, I got to chat with best-selling author, Charles Martin. That will go up tomorrow and the next day.

You don't want to miss his interview. Frank wasn't the one with a hundred rejections on his first book, Charles was. He was ready to give up. Two weeks later a miracle of sorts happened involving Davis Bunn. (Who btw, we'll also be interviewing soon, God willing).

Frank's interview will go up next week.

10 comments:

  1. AAAHH! I LOVE Davis Bunn's writing! Can't wait to read an interview with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for either of these! Get busy, Gina - transcribe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a peretti fan! It will be so cool to hear his answers to the Novel Journey questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah. Janet, great minds think alike. I am now working on making that happen. It may take some time but I'm hoping that will come about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the interviews, Gina and crossing my fingers you get an interview with Davis Bunn!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cheryl, Ann, Ane, Kelly and Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh...I can't wait...you are so blessed to get to talk to all these talented people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Bonnie. I needed that reminder today. These phone interviews are an amazing amount of work by the time you research, set it up, do the interview, transcribe, edit, and post. It's a time eater but you're right, it is also an amazing blessing.

    Heck Perett, Dekker, Cavanaugh, Myers, Whitlow, Martin...pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool. Thanks so much for the hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.