Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Friday, December 11, 2015

Thoughts for the Journey from Bill Myers

As an author and film producer, Bill Myers’s work has won over 70 national and international awards including the C.S. Lewis Honor Award. His books and videos, which include Eli and McGee and Me, have sold 8 million copies. His most recent book, The Jesus Experience - Journey Deeper into the Heart of God, explores how he went from a burned-out evangelical to someone head-over-heels in love with his Creator. www.billmyers.com


RE-IGNITING OUR LOVE

I fell in love with my wife by listening and talking deeply with her. She fell in love with me because she has no taste (but that’s another matter). 

Falling in love with God, or re-falling in love, is the same principle. I talk to Him through prayer, praise and singing. I listen to Him mostly through His word . . . but not quickly or superficially. I didn’t fall in love with my wife that way. Instead of plowing through the Bible in a year, I’ll spend time each morning reading just a few verses, chewing on them, meditating on them, sometimes discussing them with Him. In our hurried culture, this gives my soul time to hear, understand and adore Him.


“Be still and know that I am God . . .” Psalm 46:10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.