Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pod Cast with Maggie Anton

Maggie Anton is the award-winning author of Rashi's Daughters—a series that explores the world of the great Talmud scholar Rabbi Shlomo Yizhaki through the eyes of his three daughters.

When I first invited Maggie to come on Novel Journey for a podcast interview, it was her prestigious awards that piqued my interest. That changed, however, when Book One—Joheved arrived and I started to read.

Maggie Anton offers her readers an amazing look at Jewish worldview all the while transporting her readers back to medieval France.

Interviewed by Jessica Dotta









Rashi's Daughters is a novel of historical fiction by Maggie Anton chronicling the lives and loves of Rashi's three daughters, Joheved, Miriam, and Rachel. Rashi, the great medieval Jewish scholar, had no sons, but his grandsons became the greatest scholars of their generation. This book explores the lives of the ignored generation - Rashi's daughters.

7 comments:

  1. You're so modern!!! Wooohooo! Cool podcast. Fascinating stuff. Now I know what Jessica sounds like! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job Jess. I expect you to sound like that on the phone from now on. I actually understood what you were saying without all the laughing garbling your words. Nice work. I know it took a lot of time. We appreciate it.

    Maggie, thanks for the interview. The books sound fascinating. I can't wait to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the podcost interview. Neat. (I like the print ones too).

    Thanks for bringing it to us, Jessica. And thanks, Maggie, for sharing with us. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was 23 minutes, and I listened to all of it since this is new to Novel Journey. (Print interviews take much less time to read.) But again, I enjoyed it. It was unique. It let us hear the voices of Novel Journey's spokesperson (Jessica this time) and also the guest.

    Gina and Ane, when are y'all going to do one?

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks every one, and my thanks to Maggie Anton. She has an amazing book, which I'll be reviewing on Novel Review with a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOL interview! I loved listening to this while I went about my work this morning. Very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristy, I'm not planning on doing one too soon ... LOL. I more of a director than a podcaster. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.