Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Friday, May 12, 2006

S'up Saturday


Gina's on vacation, visiting family in New Jersey, and left me minding the store. Woo Hoo! So I'll take the opportunity to tell you what happening in our critique group, Penwrights. Janet Rubin and Reni Bumpas both are having articles and stories published. And Sandra Moore has received a contract on her book! Congratulations, ladies, I know this is just the beginning.

Join us tomorrow for Janet's devotional and on Monday for Gina's interview with Nancy Jo Jenkins. I've taken a peek and it's a good one!



Gina sneaking in here. BTW, I'm in NJ, but not visiting family. Shh, they don't know I'm here since the visit is so short. I'm here for a reunion, just for the weekend.

Upcoming interviews: Noah Lukeman, Bob Mitchell, Deann Gist, Allison Bottke, Patti Hill, Jonathan Rogers, and many more!

I want to thank Ane for posting for me while I'm away.

12 comments:

  1. Just want to share a personal 'sup Saturday update, and since I don't have a blog of my own...I know, I know.

    My agent has sent off the proposal for my pyschological suspense (for grown-ups!) to four editors as of yesterday. Talk about psychological suspense - that's what I'm in right now. It's called FAREWELL HOUSE. A young couple's honeymoon becomes a living nightmare... (that tidbit's for you, C. J., if you're reading this).

    Writerly blessings all,
    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool, Randy! I like the title and the premise is intriguing. Keep us up to date on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, NJ? Didn't know you have family on the East Coast? My family is from New York. Great! One more way to get the two of us mixed up:)

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should've known you were a yankee, Conroy. That explains a lot. (wink) I think we did talk about our Northern roots.

    I'm in the south for almost ten years now, so maybe that twang to my voice will help. I say you go by Conroy and I'll go by Gina and all will be well.

    (I used to work with a Gina btw. It drove me crazy because they called her "Gina" and they called me "Big Gina".

    I'm 5'7" and she was real petite. But I did not care for "Big Gina" as you can imagine. People would come up to me and actually address me that way. "Hey, Big Gina where am I working tonight?"
    Nice. I thought of getting a tattoo to go along with the title.

    6:55 PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, R.K.! Appreciate the update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina,
    Don't you want to drive just a wee bit more north and have coffee with me in CT? If not I'll catch ya in Dallas!
    Ane,
    Thank you dear for the publicity;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wee bit? Uh, you define wee loosely, no?

    I wish I could, Janet! God willing, we'll have that cup of java in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gina with a tattoo? Not.

    So if you snuck in here, to gab, why did I get up so early to post this? Huh? ;)

    Randy, I know the angst you're having. Me, too.

    And Janet, you're welcome!

    P.S. - You, too, Gina. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ane, please expound on your angst. You have a proposal out...?

    I want to expand my blurb for FAREWELL HOUSE -

    "At a remote resort on Cape Farewell, Greenland, a young couple's honeymoon becomes a living nightmare."

    Peace out,
    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the expansion!Very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina Conroy here again! No thanks on being called Conroy. I'm still thinking of using my Italian maiden name for when I get published. And since I'm 5 ft. 3 1/2 inches, you'd still be called Big Gina. [winking back at ya]. I still like "Holmey"! And if I go by "Little G" we could start our own rap group!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lil' G and Holmey. I like it!

    Big G...no likey.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.