Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

2008 ACFW Conference Memories


I promised myself I'd take loads of photos this year, but I got so caught up in hugging friends, I forgot. But here are a few I did get.

Here's our Emcee-extraordinaire, Brandilyn Collins.

"Ane, put that camera away!"


But she wasn't mad. At the joint boards meeting, she presented me with my own BHCC bag!




Ain't that grand? Y'all can be members, too. Too bad my key charm with the BHCC logo - that's Big Honkin' Chicken Club for those of you who are unawares - flipped backwards.

Thanks, Ms. B! I love my bag.



And who can forget the wonderful keynotes from Angela Hunt? She encouraged and inspired us all. Of course, I think she's grand because she's a redhead. She and Ms. B are good pals. Do you think it's the hair?



Another reason I like Angie is she's covered in dog hair and slobber - just like me. LOL We shared photos of our mastiffs.



Besides making new friends, the ACFW conference is about seeing old pals and mentors. Here are a few of my special pals:
Jim Bell and Deb Raney are two of my favorite people



My mentor and friend, Diann Hunt, and Denise Hunter. We never did get enough time together. Sigh. Maybe next year. If I can just catch that elusive contract, then I can attend the same track as you, Di.


Seeing so many friends is the best part of the ACFW conference. I got a whole year's worth of hugs. Of course I also got a crick in my neck.
Here's Gina with Yvonne and Eunice, two of the Penwrigths, the best crit group in the world! I have to give credit where it's due. Both Eunice and Yvonne taught me so much when I first started writing. Now Gina took over and wears me out.


The Penwrights went to dinner. We invited Shar MacLaren to join us. Here she is between Pammer and Yvonne. Beyond her is Michelle Shockley, another guest and Michelle Griep, who recently signed her first contract.
I stayed the night at Michelle G's house and boy, can that woman cook! She and Kelly Klepfer (of Novel Reviews fame) whipped up some grand meals!

Last but certainly not least are the rest of the Penwrights who came. At the far left is our ACFW e-zone Afictionado editor, Mike Ehret. Next to him is a Penwright hubby beside his wife, Terri Thomson. There Eunice again beside Pam Meyers.

Exhausted after late nights and crazy days of learning and pitching, Lisa Ludwig, another Penwright, Gina and Janelle Mowery were ready to go home.




I sure missed all the Penwrights who couldn't make it this year. I'm looking forward to 2009 in Denver already. I hope to see all y'all there!

9 comments:

  1. Great pics of everyone, Ane! Makes me miss you already! Sure wish we could have gabbed more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diann. Me, too. Maybe next time. :o}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good looking crew! Thanks so much for sharing these photos. I'm so glad y'all had a great time at the conference. Hope to see you there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics Ane. We sure did have a good time. I wish it would't go by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good pics. Made me remember the Italian dinner...mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing Ane. You got more pics than me. I left my camera (as well as my notes for the intros for awards night) at home.

    Great pics.

    Hugs,
    Pammer

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should use that pic of you with the BHCC bag on your dust jackets. If that don't sum up your personality...

    Loved the pics Ane and our late night talks (which seem to be getting earlier and earlier!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea about the bag ... uh, unless you mean it's an OLD bag! LOL

    Yeah, I noticed our late nights weren't as late. Wonder what that means...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great pics! It was nice seeing you at the conference!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.