Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tribute to Kristy Dykes

Kristy Dykes

August 2, 1951 ~ July 21, 2008


We just learned that our fellow-author and sister is now with our Savior. We’ll miss more than her trademark greeting from Florida as she was one of the sweetest women in the CBA. We encourage you to leave a comment for her husband and family on her blog Christian Love Stories.

4 comments:

  1. I can see her greeting now:

    Greetings from sunny Florida!

    Kristy showed us how to live and then showed us how to die, giving Glory to God always.

    She'll be sorely missed but never forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy was always so sweet and edifying to me. I'll never forget sitting next to her at a meal at ACFW and having her ask my advice about something writing-related. Here she was multi-published and I wasn't. It really made me feel good. I'm going to miss my friend but I'm happy for her too. No more tears, Kristy, streets of gold, in the presence of our Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never met Kristy, except on Novel Journey where I think she posted an affirming comment after every post. I'm praying for her family in this bittersweet time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate having been offline for so long. I just read out this! I'm glad Kristy is out of pain and in the arms of our heavenly Father, but I know those who love her are grieving in her absence.

    I didn't have the opportunity to meet Kristy, but she replied in private to a letter I posted on the ACFW Main Loop sometime after I joined. I have no idea what I wrote now, but I was a complete newbie to writing and to ACFW, and her letter was sweet and encouraging, and her humor shone through. I so appreciated that. Moreso when I found out who she was! Oh my. That she took the time to answer that letter spoke volumes. May I follow her example.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.