Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Janet's Good-bye

Janet Rubin

Hello, faithful Novel Journey readers. If you hang around here on Sundays, you've probably seen my Sunday Devotions for the last year or so. Writing and sharing them has been wonderful. Even more wonderful have been your encouraging responses.

But as you've probably guessed from the title, I'm abandoning my spot on the Novel Journey team. There's no scandal; I wasn't caught inappropriately handling Novel Journey funds or anything (we have no funds.) I'd gone back to college, fully intending to major in English. But what should happen? I fall in love with Psychology! (go figure.) That is not to say that I won't be writing. I'll always be a writer. I'm a writer just like I'm blue-eyed and brunette. I could change the hair color easier than I could change the writer thing! The writing will be put to use somehow in the psychology field, and I'll always be writing on the side. Perhaps I'll one day be therapist to the writers (Lord knows most of us need therapy!)

My reason for leaving is simply that there are only so many hours in a day and so much Janet to go around. I'm going to school, working in the college's writing center, home schooling my children, trying to maintain the house and husband, and do church stuff, all while staying moderately sane. I'm afraid that for now my brain cells are all busy and the inspirational well is dry.

Anyway, that's my story. I pray that you all continue to grow as writers and stay close to the Author of life. While many of you are at the ACFW conference, I'll be at the APA (American Psychological Association) convention in Boston this year. My road has bent in an unexpected direction and I'm loving it. Thank you for being so hospitable while I've been here.

Thanks so much to my sweet sisters Gina, Ane, Jess, Kelly, Sandra, Lisa, Noel, Yvonne, and (brother) Mike. Blessings on your novel journeys! Thanks for the opportunity to share here at NJ. It's been a privilege and a pleasure.

10 comments:

  1. Janet, from the moment we met I knew that you had a future in abnormal psychology. Really, your devotionals have been wonderful! Godspeed to you in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Err... thanks, Mike. (takes one to know one...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll miss you, Janet. You'd better pull straight "A"s. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet -

    Thanks for your inspirational words over the past year. I've always looked forward to Sunday's at Novel Journey.

    You'll be missed.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops - no 's on Sunday. Blush. That's what I get for hitting the publish button before re-reading my comment.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always enjoyed your contributions, Janet.

    May the Lord bless you in all your endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, I miss you already! Thanks for the writing tithe over the last months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, I'll miss your Sunday devos! The Helen Keller one was my favorite. Good luck and God bless on your new path. It sounds exciting to have a new direction and to know where you're headed. (The only time I'm certain of my direction is when it's to my freezer for more Ben and Jerry's.)

    We'll miss you at ACFW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much everyone! Peeeeeeaaaaaccccceeee....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, say it isn't so!!! But I wish you all the best. See you around at a conference some time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.