Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Returning Home

Gina is as good a friend as there can be. She still loves me. I don't deserve it, though. Not after what I did to her. I don't really know how it happened. Call it Sometimers.

I made the flight reservations for Reni, Gina and me, so we could all fly together. Reni was already in Atlanta for another conference, and Gina drove to my house from Virginia on Tuesday. Therein lies the problem. I think I was thinking about her state, and listed her as Virginia Holmes on the reservations.

Well ... it's possible for Gina to be a nickname for Virginia! Okay .. maybe not. Anyway, we had no inkling of trouble on the way to Dallas. But coming home ... well that was another story.

After arriving in the nick of time at the airport, Reni and I sailed through security, but not Gina: V. Holmes did not match her drivers license. They made her go to a security desk elsewhere. Then, to add insult to injury, she never knew Ane is a nickname. Not too many people do. So when they asked her about it, she said her friend, Ane Mulligan, made the reservations. They said there is no Ane Mulligan.

They finally straightened it out, but poor Gina was near tears with sleep deprivation. Add to that thunderstorms over Atlanta which delayed our flight 4 1/2 hours. Two of those hours were spent sitting on the tarmac. Well, we sat on the plane. The plane sat on the tarmac. We were supposed to get to Atlanta at 7:15, time to have a nice dinner when we got to the house. Right. We landed at 11:00 P.M.

Dinner? Oh, certainly. A nice cup of ice water and a pretzel.

But thankfully, Gina still loves me. Don't know why. :o)












Mwaa!!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, ice water and pretzels. I'm still full. Oh and I received a notice in my suitcase when I got home. They decided to rummage through my dirty clothes and toiletries in case I might be housing a dirty bomb instead. Lovely. At least they didn't do a cavity search. Things can always be worse.

    Thanks for housing me Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. What a flight! Glad it all turned out all right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your flight must have been right behind mine. I was supposed to leave Dallas at 1:50PM, didn't leave until 3:30 and got to ATL at 9:30. (had to land in MS for a while.) What a nightmare. Next year I'm driving.

    Great to see you in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAN! Glad everything turned out okay.
    Camy

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.