Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Book Launch Party #2

Last year, I was flabbergasted at the support of my local community here in Roanoke, Va. I had my first ever book party hosted at the Roanoke Libraries and it was top notch! We had food, an amazing local singer, a play based on the book (performed by local actors), a video spoof of the book, and a signing. All of it promoted heavily on the library's magazine cover, a billboard, the local newspaper on several occasions, and a couple of local TV talk shows.

How much did all of this cost me? Not a dime if you can believe it.

This year we had a few technical difficulties but still it was very successful. I think we might have sold somewhere around 70 books, which isn't bad but that wasn't the main draw. The publicity surrounding it was. Again Roanoke supported a local author with the same type of media attention as the first go round. That, of course, is priceless.

Here's the article the Roanoke Times ran. http://www.roanoke.com/columnists/casey/wb/297512

And some paparazzi photos. You can see my parents, husband and son in the one with me.  www.roanoke.com/entertainment

Thanks Roanoke!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it went so well, Gina! And I really love the new look you have. :) Bet Adam does, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.