Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

I found this slip of paper in a book I purchased from a thrift shop. If it's the same age as the volume, it's from 1906. I thought you'd enjoy the peek at the past too. I guess e-readers will never have this problem.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the notice.

    This is actually current advice, at least for hardbound books. A friend who owns a bookstore in Denver spoke about this same thing in our science fiction group. Her advice was especially helpful to those in the group who collected first editions. One additional piece of advice: Do not use scotch tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny how dramatically it's related, though. I have a newspaper article form the late 1800s, and it's very melodramatic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at the "I almost fainted" myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember doing this with a new textbook in grade school, and the teacher gave us instruction in the proper way to open a book with the same kind of passion as in this excerpt. I don't remember what grade it was or which teacher, but I remember how to break in a new book.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.