Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

DiAnn Mills ~ A Texas Christmas Legacy




Christmas is the time of year when we remember friends and family, when a bit of nostalgia roots in our hearts and blossoms into sentimental moments. Our faith in God and the birth of Jesus shapes our ideals of what we want for the world, our country, and our community. Peace on earth becomes an action instead of a greeting.


The Texas Legacy Series comes to a close with the Christmas book. The characters who I have grown to love and respect will always be with me, but now it’s time to finish the story. We think of Christmas as the beginning of our Christian faith, a time for all of us to reflect on the past and to step forward. I think this is a perfect time to say goodbye to our friends in Kahlerville, Texas.

For me, writing about historical Texas brings that era to life. In the beginning when I wrote Leather and Lace, I fell in love with Casey and her dream of forsaking the outlaw life. But the story would not let me go. Grant needed his story told in Lanterns and Lace, and Bonnie’s sweet story had to be told in Lightning and Lace. I fell in love with Zach Kahler, Bonnie’s son, and I could not let the series end without showing how that wayward boy had grown into a fine man.

Our lives are much like these characters. We grow and change while seeking to turn our weaknesses into strengths. Our faith is challenged, and even though we may stray, God’s love is permanent. Fiction is my way of planting seeds about truth. Writing about Texas history has allowed me to grow truth and memorable characters in the hearts of my readers. And maybe, just maybe, the story might make a difference in someone’s life.

NJ: Leave DiAnn a comment and be entered in a drawing to win A Texas Christmas Legacy. Then check back here under this post's comments tomorrow night to find out the winner.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really cool book!
    Please enter me.
    itsmyemail (at) bigpond.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true we see Christmas as a beginning but it's an ending too, to another year. So why not to your series? Good things happen at Christmas. Time to head to the bookstore/library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be entered in this drawing! Thanks for the opportunity!

    Kim
    kimfurd[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a wonderful series and I would love to read it! Happy Holidays!

    Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diann. This sounds like a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Texas Christmas Legacy sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I asked my husband to choose a number between 1 and 6.

    And the winner is ...TINA.

    Congrats, girl. Be looking for the book. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! I am so excited! Thanks ladies and Diann.

    Oh,and thanks Ane's hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.