Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

"The Ghost Box" is Open!

I'm thrilled to announce the release of my new Urban Fantasy "The Ghost Box: A Reagan Moon Novel." The title is available exclusively through Amazon in either paperback or ebook. Having published two trad novels, both aimed at the Christian market, I have decided to stretch my creative legs a bit and create a story that might appeal to a larger audience. So while The Ghost Box has plenty of spiritual themes and imagery, it contains profanity and does not follow a theological checklist. (At my blog today, I go into more detail about why I decided to cross over and the unique elements such a decision poses for a Christian author.)  The story is a mash-up of sci-fi, noir, and horror elements, which one reviewer described as "'Blade Runner' Meets 'Raiders of the Lost Ark.'"

As part of the book's launch, today I'll be giving away one autographed copy of The Ghost Box to a commenter on this post. My only requirement for entry is that you promise to post a review of the novel at Amazon and Goodreads (if a member). Just leave your name and a comment and this evening (probably 8 or 9 PM Pacific time) I'll be randomly selecting a winner and announce it here. So if you're into Urban Fantasy containing spiritual elements, but nevertheless is gritty and dark and full of exotic monstrosities, why not consider opening The Ghost Box.

12 comments:

  1. Christian Jaeschke7:00 AM, November 24, 2014

    I really enjoyed The Resurrection, thought Winter Land was decent, loved The Telling and found Subterannea to be a clever mix of intriguing stories. I first heard about The Ghost Box ages ago and the premise sold me. I can't wait to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blade Runner meets Raiders of the Lost Ark? Interesting . . . I'm a big fan of urban fantasy, so I'll definitely have to check this out. I look forward to meeting you in person at Realm Makers, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking forward to this and the cover looks awesome (not why I would buy it, but it's a nice bonus). Way to go, Mike. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks interesting. I'll pick up a copy and give it a try. I, too, write what I call "true-life" Christian fiction-- suspense and thrillers-- where the characters are true to life, the issues are real, and some profanity and innuendo are used. It's been an interesting row to hoe. Too secular for some, too Christian for others. But, my readership continues to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo...love the Blade Runner meets Raiders of the Lost Ark decrioption ... I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to try authors that are new to me, and this book sounds like what I've been looking for! The last sentence describes my search perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look forward to reading it. Am even more interested to hear from you in the future about your readership and if they crossed over with you or you just forged new readership. If your current readers crossed over and and loved the transition and can't wait to read more, or if they find it too secular. I will read it just to see what crossing over means to you.

    mbb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wrote the comment as anonymous because the last time I signed off I didn't get Novel Rocket subscription for three months. So MB Baron is looking forward to reading Ghost Box. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOhh I've been looking for a new fantasy to pick up lately and this sounds fantastic! I'd love to be entered and will absolutely post full reviews (amazon, goodreads, my blog, and youtube channel). Thanks for hosting a giveaway!

    -Keeley (ABibliophilesJourney)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whether I win or not, I'm looking forward to reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im a big fan of urban fantasy, so I'll definitely have to check this out. I look forward to meeting you in person at Realm Makers, Mike.
    mo shop phu kien |
    kinh nghiem mua xe |
    chua dau lung |

    ReplyDelete
  12. Using http://www.random.org/ and the 10 individuals who commented on this post, the winner is... commenter #7, which is MB Baron. Please contact me at cirdog at yahoo.com with mailing info. Thanks again to all who commented!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.