Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Recommend a Book to Me

My reading time is very sparse at the moment, so I'm very picky right now about what I am reading for pleasure.

I don't want just a good book—I'm looking for the crème de la crème. One of those rare books that draws the reader inside its world like few others do. One that rekindles the love of reading. It doesn't have to be fiction either. The Glass Castle would absorb me.

So I'm asking you guys to recommend a book to me and to everybody else looking for a new read.

To keep this interesting, please narrow down your recommendation to ONE book. In a sentence or two, tell us what it is about.


8 comments:

  1. Jellicoe Road, by Melina Marchetta. It's about ... life. Which also means it's about death, and beauty, and sadness, and hope. It's the best book I reread every single year. It will gut you. And you will laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Passion of Mary-Margaret by Lisa Samson. A wonderful account of a woman leaving a memoir to her Sisters about her startling life directed by her personal visits with Jesus. So well written, amazing characters. Not the norm. Loved it. (Review on my blog if you need one.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer of Light by Dale Cramer - poignant and real, it takes you along and doesn't let you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bellwether by Connie Willis. Very awesome exploration of fads and what is actually important in life. Amazing humor and voice.

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Scent of God by Beryl Singleton Bissell. I found myself waking up at 3AM needing to get back to the book. The author is coming out with her second memoir this spring. I can't wait.
    Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas. Great biography, very convicting, but written well.

    Beneath the Night Tree by Nicole Baart. Beautiful book, made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Heart of Memory by Alison Strobel and
    Promises to Keep by Ann Tatlock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ane cheated! ;0! So I'm going to add Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry and The Reluctant Prophet by Nancy Rue.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.