Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Thursday, April 08, 2010

It's a Party and You're Invited!


Okay, I realize most of you live nowhere near Southern Virginia, but I still wanted you to know I was thinking of you. My book launch party for Crossing Oceans is April 27th from 6:30 to 8 at the Main Roanoke Library on Jefferson Street and if for some reason you're in the area, I'd love to see you. If you know others in the area, would you help me out and let them know? I'd hate to be the only one at the party. Gina shudders.
Afterwards, I'll blog about what did or didn't work about the event. Share some easy things you can do to plan your own and maybe post some pictures.




Here is the local talk show I recently appeared on. Yeah, I made a fool of myself but hey, any publicity is good publicity, right? You be the judge ...


RVTV show - What's Happening at Roanoke Libraries from River Laker on Vimeo.

7 comments:

  1. ahhh i wish i could go! i used to live to live in roanoke when i was younger and now live in the DC area. will you be making it up here anytime for signings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, I'd been to Roanoke, VA. back in the seventies to visit some dear friends, who I've lost touch with by now, but anyway I sure wish I could be thee for you now.

    Just a mention about your interview on that local station....the host is the only person who made a fool out of himself. You did great!

    Your book is definitely on my list to read.

    Warm wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cynthia, you're sweet. I should have mentioned that the host and I were both kidding about the in and out accent, him being rude and laughing, it was all planned. He's got an unusual sense of humor, but then so do I.

    I'm so glad crossing oceans is on your tbr list. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah, thanks. I don't have any planned at the moment, I will be doing a tour in June in Atlanta though and as far as your neck, you just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina!

    That was awesome! I think interviews are often soooo scripted and your "off the beaten track" take made it so funny! Now I WANT to read your book - if you're not afraid to be out of the ordinary, then your book will likely stand out as well.

    I will pray that your book party is a true spectacle -in a good way, of course. Wish I could be there but I live in So Cal.....

    Becky D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid Western Canada is just too far away. But I'm sure the launch will go well. Have a wonderful time and then tell us all about it. :)

    P.S. The interview is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.