Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thirty Days and Nights of Literary Abandon!

That's the catch phrase of the National November Writing Month organization, also known as NaNoWriMo.

I had to admit, the very first time I heard about this was after I was already knee-deep in a manuscript, and I frowned on the idea, seeing nothing more than a flood of hastily written manuscripts to help clog the slush pile.

I've never participated, but I've changed my mind since then. I've watched as people have taken an interest in novel writing. I've seen bloggers (those who are not writers normally) suddenly chart their efforts and talk about their novel they are writing. The project has gone international—and now I’m glad that yearly there is a stir of interest in fiction writing.

Who knows, maybe a literary giant will finally wake and realize what they're really meant to do.



3 comments:

  1. I had the same attitude about NaNoWriMo at first, especially after signing up for once and getting nowhere. But this time I decided to go for it and have just past the half way mark. 26000 words in two weeks. It's been a lot of fun, helped me to focus on the novel I've been trying to get done for ages, and it's given me quite a shot of confidence. I know there's going to be a lot of editing to do but at the end of this month I'll have the skeleton done. That's an accomplishment I'll take! :) So if you've ever thought of trying it, jump in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Marcia, on passing the halfway point. This is my fourth year to participate and I'm way behind (15,000+ words), but intend to get caught up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first year participating. It's been so much fun! A bunch of writers coming together is just a blast. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.