Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Has A Muse Visited You Lately?

This past year while visiting blogs geared towards crafts, I discovered many were making “Faeries in a Jar.” While I found the idea darling, I thought it would be far more beneficial for writers to have a “Muse in the Jar.”

It would certainly solve the problem of having them show up and give those titillating when one is sitting in five lanes of traffic, bumper-to-bumper, without pen, paper or recorder to capture the rare thought. Or when we’re tangled up in Christmas tree lights, trying to decorate the house and bake gingerbread cookies, with no time to fly to our computer and writer. (Does anyone else suspect they’re attracted to the scent of molasses?)



Well this Christmas I decided to bottle a Muse for Ane, Gina and me.

I have to confess I had a lot of fun. Deciding that our muses had to be constructed of the best of the best, I took three of my books that were falling apart: an 1860’s Latin Book, Jane Austin’s Persuasion, and The Borrowers. I cut, pasted and glued until I made the perfect muses for us.




I had so much fun, that I created more which I’m selling on my blog, http://www.jessicadotta.blogspot.com/. I hope you'll come and visit.


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful craft idea! Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog. (I'm one of your faithful followers, since I'm also on a "novel journey.") I've given you a blog award. If you're interested, you can pick it up at http://wordvessel.blogspot.com (1-17-09 post).

    Thanks again for your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My muse was the best present I think I've ever received! Was it a coincidence he arrived just before my first contract?? Ha. I LOVE him. I know it's just for fun but having him around makes me feel more inspired.

    Everyone should have their own muse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice crafting! I just wish I had the 1860's Latin book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.