Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Celebrate Valentine's Day with Jane Austen

(From Vision Video . . . )

Jane Austen is one of the most celebrated writers of the 19th century. Her extraordinary novels like Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility have motivated men and women of all ages to embrace true love and to avoid allowing the classist expectations of society to thwart one’s dream of enjoying the love of a lifetime.

Two centuries later, her masterpieces continue to hit the best sellers’ lists and have served as the impetus for scores of producers and playwrights!

This Valentine's Day, Vision Video is offering a special price on movies made from her novels. And having been a Jane Austen addict for years, I have to say these are my three favorite adaptions:








Click on the images to be taken to their specials.



Also, this week John Grisham gave his first interview to blogs to discuss his new book, THE ASSOCIATE, as well as some other controversial topics.
You can check them out here:

Also, check out John Grisham on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Official-John-Grisham-Page/40299356186

5 comments:

  1. Have you seen the BBC's newest Northanger Abbey? Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, those are great movies, and for great prices too... :) The Colin Firth version of Pride & Prejudice is a must-see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noel, I don't know that I have, but I will now!

    Thanks, Koala, I agree. That version of P&P is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already own VERY worn versions of these and most every other adaptation of all her novels, but I had to agree with Jessica on these being my fav 3 too. And Persuasion with Amanda Root/Ciaran Hinds another fav.

    I prefer the BBC Emma over the Gwyneth Paltrow version. I think the English have a little bit better grasp on what JA wanted to do with the characters, and put a little more effort into casting the secondary characters and giving them their spot in the light instead of aiming most of the spotlight on the Hollywood star. Just my opinion, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I own one version or another of all of the Austen films, except for Northanger Abbey. Last year I decided that I was going to listen to unabridged audio versions of all of the Austen books. So far I've made it through Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility and have just started Mansfield Park. (I listen in the car & since I'm not out and about a lot, it takes a while to get through six to eight hours of a book.) I'm enjoying them, and especially enjoying where I see the differences with the films, what a director chose to leave in or take out or change altogether.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.