Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Saturday Poll

During the last couple of years, I’ve had a hand in turning my husband into a reader.

When we’d met, I don’t think he’d read a novel unless it’d been required in school. Now I'm happy to report, he has become someone who is not content unless he has a good book in hand.

The other day he said, “You know, I never used to understand how you could be in the middle of a book and suddenly decide to stop reading it. I used to think that if I'd made that much of an effort to read that far, I'd finish it. It just seemed like you had wasted your time. Now I find myself doing the same thing. If it's not a good book, I feel that it's wasting my time and I stop too.”

So I’m curious,


1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's the "clean your plate" philosophy I grew up with, but I have a really hard time dropping a book, even if I'm not enjoying it. Lately, I've been trying to do that more often, reminding myself that life is too short and there are too many books out there to spend my limited time on something that is a chore rather than a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.