Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Friday, October 31, 2008

What's On Your Reading List?

It’s Halloween and I’m writing my Novel Journey post in-between Trick-or-Treaters . . . so . . . . for this post, I’m asking what books you’re currently reading.

Here’s mine:

Peter and the Shadow Thieves



It started when I saw Peter and the Starcatchers at my daughter’s school book fair for $3. I’ve known about the series for awhile, but it was such a great price I decided to pick it up and read it. It did not disappoint. It’s an imaginative tale of how Peter, Tinker Bell and Neverland came to be.


I enjoyed it so much, I’ve purchased the next in the series and am halfway through.




While I was in the children’s section, I picked up L’Engle’s Wind in the Door, which will be my next read.



Also worth mentioning, my daughter and I are reading The Tale of Despereaux, which is coming to the Theater Dec 19, 2008. Gina read it to her boys and suggested it to us. It’s awesome.


Okay, so now that you know I’m reading the books written for 8-12 year olds, what are you reading?

8 comments:

  1. currently reading The Strength of His Hand by Lynn Austin (library book for Fall Reading Challenge), An Uncertain Dream by Judith Miller (for review), Silent Night: A Private Christmas by Kate Brian (for Amazon vine), The Cheese and the Worms by Carlo Ginzburg (for grad school). yay i'm diverse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished "In the Shadow of the Sun King," by Golden Keyes Parsons. Great book.

    I'm in the middle of Theodore Beale's "Summa Elvetica." I'm starting "City of Thieves" by David Benioff, and "Dark Pursuit" by Brandilyn Collins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading Farraday Road by Ace Collins. Have several in the stack so not sure what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Wind in the Door ... sigh. Just wait til you get to A Swiftly Tilting Planet. That book changed my 14 y/o life.

    I'm reading Dorothy Sayers' Busman's Honeymoon, just finished Brothers Karamazov last night. Wow.

    Next up: Chains, by Laurie Halse Anderson (one of the NBA finalists in YA lit this year) and Kiki Strike: The Empress's Tomb. I heart Kiki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently reading Patti Callahan Henry's Between the Tides. Next up is Courting Miss Adeleide followed by Jane Austen's Persuasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished the fourth and final book in the Twilight Series--Breaking Dawn.

    I enjoyed it...but, without giving too much away...Ms. Meyers broke one crucial rule and it involved the final conflict resolution!! Aargh. I remember the good old days when I could just read without my internal editor kicking in...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished a wonderful book, quite funny, and written all in letters. It's called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. The author has the most wonderful style I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really really loved Despereux. Glad you're reading it. Just stared Midwives, and then on to The Thirteenth Tale. So many books, so little time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.