Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Podcast Series: Interview with Nicholas Sparks

Nicholas Sparks is one of the world’s most beloved storytellers, an author with seven #1 New York Times bestsellers and over 50 million copies of his books in print worldwide. All his books, including Three Weeks with My Brother, the memoir he wrote with his brother, Micah, have been New York Times and international bestsellers and were translated into more than forty languages. Three of Nicholas Sparks’s novels—Message in a Bottle, A Walk to Remember, and The Notebook—were also adapted into major motion pictures. He lives in North Carolina with his wife and family. You can visit him at www.nicholassparks.com and sign up for the Nicholas Sparks eNewsletter at www.HachetteBookGroupUSA.com.



(To listen, click triangle.)




Book Description

"#1 New York Times bestseller Nicholas Sparks turns his unrivaled talents to a new tale about love found and lost, and the choices we hope we'll never have to make.Travis Parker has everything a man could want: a good job, loyal friends, even a waterfront home in small-town North Carolina. In full pursuit of the good life - boating, swimming , and regular barbecues with his good-natured buddies -- he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship with a woman would only cramp his style. That is, until Gabby Holland moves in next door. Spanning the eventful years of young love, marriage and family, THE CHOICE ultimately confronts us with the most heartwrenching question of all: how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?"

8 comments:

  1. Great podcast! Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors because of the way he makes you care for his characters. It was great to hear his answers to your questions.

    Thanks so much, ladies, for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicholas, I'm a huge fan AND you've actually emailed me because (here it comes...my brush with greatness) I'm from your mom's hometown of Lyons, NE and I emailed you when I reviewed Three Weeks with My Brother for the local newspaper, The Lyons Mirror-Sun and you were kind enough to email me a quote to include in the review.
    Thank you for that, and your writing.
    My husband's brothers were just her age.
    Our local librarian puts all your books up FRONT and CENTER.

    An almost local boy makes good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a score of an interview! Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were delighted to have had the chance to be involved with this! Glad y'all emjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Nicholas Sparks right here on Novel Journey! Thanks for agreeing to do this interview. Sooo... how DOES it feel to make so many women cry? The notebook shattered me! I hope my writing can be so emotionally-charged one day and my stories so riveting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, he was sick and he did that anyway! I wonder if I could have.

    I liked his answer about writing being hard because he's writing for other people, not what he would want to write. A great insight into a best selling author's world.

    Thanks Gina and Ane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks...that was fun. Great questions ladies. Loved the barking dog...belong to any one I know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--I posted my review and a bit of a summary at www.5minutesformom.com on Monday, and have delayed in pulling my other thoughts on the interview together, but you have saved me a LOT of work. I'm just going to link over here and let my readers hear him (and me) for themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.