Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

S'up Saturday

We had quite a storm last night in SW Virginia. I heard a lot of people did. I hope and pray everyone and their homes are all right.

I had my first writing related speaking engagement this past week and would like to thank The Valley Writers for hosting me. It was a lot of fun talking about blogging and the interviews I've done. They suggested I do a circuit which made me feel good. Though I have no book to promote, it's good practice for when I do.

I learned a few things talking to this secular writing group. Most people have never heard of the CBA or even know there's such a thing as Christian fiction. I didn't know about that option until the Left Behind series.

Being reminded of this really helped validate my mission for Novel Journey. You'll be able to read all about that in an upcoming interview Mike Duran did with me. When it's up, I'll let you know.

I explained to this writer's group writing "Christian fiction" means writing from a Biblical worldview. Blink. Blink. That just muddied the waters further.

Our mission for Novel Journey is to get the word out that CBA fiction is an option for readers and that there are excellent CBA novels in all genres.
Speaking with secular writers gave me a small taste of how that needs to be accomplished.

Once the group understood, they seemed interested.

Next month, novelist and scriptwriter, Ane Mulligan is coming on board as is historical novelist and publicist Jessica Dotta. We have big plans to grow Novel Journey.

Reaching the masses, is our goal. And this, God willing, will benefit all CBA writers. We hope you'll keep us in your prayers.

Upcoming interviews: Fiction acq. editor and author, Karen Ball, Kathy Fuller, Donita Paul, Denise Hunter, Charles Martin and FRANK PERETTI!


So, stay tuned!

Thank you to C.J. Darlington and Ane Mulligan for plugging Novel Journey recently with on-line writer's group, The View. These wonderful humans named us among their favorite blogs. Thanks C.J and Ane.!

5 comments:

  1. You're welcome, Gina.

    I'm really excited about joining Novel Journey next month. I've loved working on Novel Reviews and will continue to do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows...maybe Novel Journey will turn into an industry of its own...and you as the leader of the ship will not have the time to write...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not funny, Bonnie. I hope that never happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a pleasure, Gina. I've been following this blog from the early days--can't even remember when I started--and it's been a great experience. I know you sacrifice to keep it up, so I'm really happy Ane & Jessica will be stepping up to the place to help. Way to go ladies!

    It feels like a community here. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks CJ! You're definitely the longest suffering around NJ! Hah. I told the group I spoke to the other night when I started out, I had three readers and one of em was me (one of em was you, too :)

    I appreciate your friendship!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.