Get a Free Ebook

Five Inspirational Truths for Authors

Try our Video Classes

Downloadable in-depth learning, with pdf slides

Find out more about My Book Therapy

We want to help you up your writing game. If you are stuck, or just want a boost, please check us out!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Win an autographed copy of Creston Mapes', Full Tilt!




To be entered to win one of two autographed copies of Creston Mapes' ~Full Tilt, enter your name in the comments below this review! The winners will be announced Saturday.




Full Tilt
Creston Mapes
ISBN:
159052506X
Format: Paperback, 400pp
Pub. Date: March 2006
Publisher: Multnomah Publishers, Inc.







From the Publisher:

What Good Can Become of Psychotics, Meth Users, or the Mob? In this sequel to Dark Star, rock star Everett Lester is eager to share the redeeming power of Christ's love with the world through his music. But reaching his family in their twisted lives is another issue altogether. His gambling-addicted brother, Eddie, and the rest of his deteriorating family greet Everett's attempts with disdain and hatred. When the Mob gets involved, dangerous threats become a haunting reality. And when Eddie's son, Wesley - who blames Everett for his brother's death - hooks up with psychotic Tony Badino, the two meth-using antichrists will stop at nothing to bring Everett down and secure his demise!

Reviewed by Gina Holmes

In this sequel to Dark Star, Creston takes us on a thrill ride. Everett is still rocking but the born again believer is now doing it for the Lord and not everyone is happy that the wildly popular group, Death Stroke has disbanded.

Everett wants to begin a new life with wife, Karen, but they are plunged into danger again and again, first by their Meth addicted nephew, then by Everett's gambling addicted brother who is in deep with the mob.

Murder, drugs, rock n roll and redemption. This book has it all. It also includes a fair amount of prayer, ministering, and scripture quoting as well.

You do not have to have read book one to fully understand and enjoy Full Tilt.

Creston's writing is even better in this novel. He doesn't shy away from tough issues and once again proves that no one is beyond redemption. I recommend Full Tilt to anyone who has suffered from addiction or knows someone who has and to those who have sowed some wild seeds before coming to Christ.




16 comments:

  1. Enter me, I love Creston's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Gina. I'd like to be entered, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I really liked Dark Star and can't wait to read Full Tilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in! Come on, Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be entered. The book sounds fabulous!

    Tina Forkner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love giving away books! Come on guys, keep those cards and letters coming. Bless ya, Creston

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Whom It May Concern,

    I would like to register to win a signed copy of Creston Mapes's novel, FULL TILT. Please consider this my registration and/or application as deemed necessary. Please also find enclosed the requisite three (3) bar codes/proofs of purchase from Life cereal boxes.

    Sinerely hoping to win,
    R. K. Mortenson

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Creston's first book Dark Star and can't wait to read Full Tilt. Please enter my name in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had the pleasure of reading and Creston books, but it sounds like my kind of stuff! Sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first I've heard of this author, but from the synopsis, I'm intrigued by the story. I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Lynetta--Creston is new to me, but I'd love to read his book. Please sign me up for your contest, Gina.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becky and Lynetta, I see you like contemporary Christian music. I've interviewed and written magazine stories about a lot of your fav's. If you go to my web site, crestonmapes.com, and click "Non-Fiction," you can check out all those stories, about: Third Day, Casting Crowns, David Crowder, Joy Williams, etc. Thanks, everyone, for dropping in. Blessings to ya! Creston

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enter me too! Autographed would rock. I left comments over at Brandilyn's so this is a repeat...but I love the "edginess" of Creston's work...it's not just "gentle Christian" anymore.

    Creston Mapes Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am shamelessly requesting to be entered in the drawing.

    Hi to Gina and Creston! (That's kinda a cool name. I've never met a Creston.)

    Mir

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to all who entered. Bonnie, great hearing from you again. Saw your post over at Brandilyn's...can't thank you enough for your support. That's what it takes, word of mouth!

    Mirtika, my parents chose the name Creston because he was a man who was a dear friend of there's. My dental hygeniest like it and they named their boy Creston! Thanks for dropping by. Blessings, Creston

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share what's on your mind.